Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Soakaways in older properties.

In message , Roger Hayter
writes
On 29 Jan 2021 at 14:00:59 GMT, "Mario & Luigi"
wrote:

€˜Shocking overloading the sewer. Reply. We also researched the
road where
we live. 50% of the houses in our Road now divert their gutters by
overground pipes towards the main road. When we have Heavy Downpours the road
floods like a river running down the sides towards the business at the bottom
of the road. Which gets flooded. Much More Shocking.

Of course if *everyone* diverted their surface water to the sewer then it
would probably be the sewer backing up into people's houses and running down
the street.

Nobody has yet mentioned a charge for non metered water returned by the
sewer.

--
Tim Lamb