Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default Marquetry

"soup" wrote in message ...
On 29/01/2021 16:15, Sn!pe wrote:
Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:

[marquetry and parquetry]

Yes well I remember a card table where the whole of the top was done
like this in a repeating pattern, but as I say, a lot of work and why?
Brian

It is art. Have you no interest in the visual arts?

You are aware of Brian and his ahem difference.

And are you aware of the meaning of the word "remember" ?

IIRR Brian's condition has been subject to gradual deterioration
over a number of years.

In answer to the question why ? In the past, better off people signalled their status by
owning objects which had clearly taken many man hours of skilled labour to produce.

..Same as most couture dresses and savile row suits today which are still all hand sewn,
often taking many hours to produce despite this being totally unnecessary in many
cases

michael adams