CBHVAC

Default Digital Thermostat for Heat Pump

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
I want to replace the thermosat in my mother's house, which has a heat

pump.
The thermostats at Home Depot either say for "single-stage" or

"multi-stage"
heat pumps. How do I know which heat pump she has?

ALL heat pumps have the option of 2 stages of heat...
no one here can tell you what she has....but get the multi stage stat....and
remember, Home Depot wont take it back if you fry it..
EXCHANGE it yes...refund it no..

If you care about your mom, you wont buy her a Lux, or a Hunter or that
cheap ass Chinese crap they have now...
Honeywell..you will get her...

It is a Bryant split-system # 541B/SHP, if that means anything to anyone.

Nope..other than its older Carrier owned stuff.

Thanks.