Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive Page[_2_] Clive Page[_2_] is offline

Default laser printer issue

On 29/01/2021 11:04, Andy Burns wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

ss wrote:
Samsung printer ML-2240.
If I load up with say 100 sheets x A4 it will print ok around 75 pages
then it stops picking up the paper

It normally indicates that the rubber pickup rollers are losing some "grip".

My samsung M2026 can do similar, it seems to prefer the paper is "fanned" slightly, rather than inserted in a solid block ...

I also have a Samsung ML-2240 and find that the brand of paper makes a difference. Sainsbury's paper often causes paper jams, while that from Tesco mostly works. They look and feel the same (and cost much the same) but I've found a consistent difference so have stopped buying Sainsbury's paper. No doubt other fine brands of paper will also work well.

--
Clive Page