Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimmy Stewart ... Jimmy Stewart ... is offline

Default Ceilings 1970's

On 29/01/2021 08:37, Derek wrote:
When I moved into my house in 1975 all the ceilings were done with polystyrene type materia.It was about the same width as a roll of wallpaper and must have came in rolls. When you look up at it looks like all the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle and it is very hard to paint if ceiling gets dirty from smoke. Does anyone know the name of this material? I would like to remove it but am afraid to start . Has anyone ever removed this and is it hard to remove. There is also polystyrene? coving round the walls as well.

just don't paint it whatever you do....