Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum_on_google[_2_] polygonum_on_google[_2_] is offline

Default Illuminated pocket magnifier

Looking for a simple magnifier that I can slip into a pocket or bag and carry with me. I find some things more difficult to read these days - still manage quite small type but definitely not as good as I once was.

Magnification, I guess 5x would be fine.

Light, adequate LED, not too blue.

Batteries - something common, preferably CR2025 or similar - not an obscure silver or alkaline cell.

Preferably a pop-up so that the lens is protected to some extent. Also, great if pushing back down switched off the light.

Finally, not too expensive. I simply don't need it often enough to be worth paying out for the best.