Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default ‘Endless shame’: Chinese citizens react to COVID-19 anal swab tests

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 02:59:01 +0000, Bod wrote:

Chinese citizens have reacted with a mix of horror and humour after
officials made public their use of anal swabs to screen for COVID-19.

Health authorities in China are testing residents for coronavirus –
using anal swabs.

Doctors claim the invasive procedure can be more effective in detecting
the virus than nasal swabs.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...c70e282e419704

One person said: “I’ve done two anal swabs, every time I did one I had
to do a throat swab afterwards — I was so scared the nurse would forget
to use a new swab.”

I can see it now, as anal swabs become available for home use. On the next
episode of "Sex Sent Me to the ER"...

Patient says, "Honest, Doctor, I was just doing an anal swab and it
slipped."

On a related note, did you see the story about the guy who accidentally sat
on a whole fish?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8398053/Doctors-surgically-remove-dead-fish-rectum-male-patient.html
Man, 30, has a whole fish stuck in his rectum after 'sitting on it by
accident'

-The 30-year-old went to a hospital in China after having abdominal pain
-Doctors were shocked to find a fish inside his body during an X-ray scan
-The man said the fish slipped into his backside after 'he sat on it by
accident'
-Gruesome footage shows medics removing the dead fish from the patient