Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default ?Q?_‘Endless_shame=E2=80=99:_Chinese_c it?=?Q?izens_react_to_COVID-19_anal_swa?=?Q?b_tests?=

Bod wrote

Chinese citizens have reacted with a mix of horror and humour after
officials made public their use of anal swabs to screen for COVID-19.

Health authorities in China are testing residents for coronavirus €“ using
anal swabs.

Not exclusively.

Doctors claim the invasive procedure can be more effective in detecting
the virus than nasal swabs.

And that is likely accurate, much easier to do reliably.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...c70e282e419704

That is Murdoch's **** operation, how appropriate.

One person said: €śIve done two anal swabs, every time I did one I had to
do a throat swab afterwards

Presumably because they are testing to see if the
anal swab is actually significantly more reliable.

€” I was so scared the nurse would forget to use a new swab.€ť

Mindlessly silly.

www.bbc.com/news/health-55840547