Posted to alt.home.repair
Lenona Lenona is offline

Default Heater boiler problem

On Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 1:54:53 PM UTC-5, Bob F wrote:

That's a standard old gas valve. In the closed (no gas) position. My
concern with just turning it on is why was it off. If you or someone
else in the house did not turn it off, that suggests a service person
did. You could at least call the people that did the most recent work on
it to see if there was a problem you might not remember.

I emailed the office manager at that company on the 25th. Here's what she and I said to each other:

OM: "Just looked though the notes from the tech that serviced and this was the way he found the unit during service so it left it that way. Also just so you are aware it is not recommended that this valve be shut off in the future."

Me: "Was that during the T&P replacement, or the previous (annual) inspection, or both? Just checking. (I never touch the valves, since they don't come with printed instructions, unlike the pilot light...)"

OM: "Both."

(end)

Now THAT'S weird.