Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Replace front tyres in pairs?

On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 15:35:41 -0000 (UTC), Jethro_uk
wrote:

On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 14:33:51 +0000, T i m wrote:

Quite, and the term 'dumped' wasn't literal (although I expected the
left brainer troll / stalker to try to take it so) as I'm aware that
tyres can be recycled into all sorts of other stuff (like play area
surfaces) but I was describing the action *we* do when we no longer use
what is essentially a perfectly good tyre ... if only people understood
what the options were for a perfectly functional repair, saving a
useable tyre from having to be converted into rubber and steel / nylon
fragments (for the left brainer stalker / troll). ;-(

Kenyans made "Thousand milers" out of old tyres. Pretty nifty hardwaring
sandals.

Yeah, I've seen those and you are right, they are. ;-)

Far too good quality for the UK market, of course.

I love watching the Youtube videos to see the approach of some of
these resourceful people, making something very functional out of what
most would consider just waste.

Reduce, Repair / Reuse, Recycle.

This is why I think it's a terrible (and often costly) shame that so
many perfectly good tyres are considered irreparable when more often
or not they are (and easily). ;-(

The problem with 'good' sealant is that's it's like those electronic
elephant deterrents ... [1]

Cheers, T i m

[1] I tracked / logged on the web ... a lady as she rode her motorbike
(solo) round the world. She used Punctureseal in all the new tyres she
fitted along the way and when she got back the rear was particularly
'bald' and showing the telltale marks of several punctures (little
coloured dots in the rubber where the sealant had come though as it
did it's job), punctures she got but never suffered from.

If an inner tube can 'repair' a punctured tyre (where suitable) ...