Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default Replace front tyres in pairs?

In article , Fredxx
writes
On 27/01/2021 10:29, R D S wrote:
I've a puncture on a front tyre, it's not in the legal repair area so
will need changing.
I can't decide whether to do both. that's the advice isn't it (from
tyre sellers )
Or shall I take it somewhere shifty and have a tube put in?

One car I had had 4 alloys where the spare was a steel.

I found myself in a similar situation so I bought a new rim, well 2 in
fact from eBay.

Different angled wheel nuts between steel and alloy on Defenders.
I know you can't keep your spare on your car, but if you can store one
then you can either change in pairs, or in your current case, swap with
a good spare without discarding a part worn tyre.

--
bert