Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default FM Transmitters...

In article , Brian Gaff (Sofa)
scribeth thus
The signal on 252 is compromised by another station these days, sadly.
That transmitter was as I'm sure folk know a semi legal commercial outlet
trying to gain access to the uk market but eventually closed and the
transmitter taken over by RTE.
Its nowhere near as strong as radio 4, I guess in the age of the internet
it will eventually close, but the fact is that internet is not a radio
station, its reliant on the good will of those who own it to keep it running
in all weathers and natural disasters and wars, which of course I feel is pi
in the sky, since communication channels are the main target in any war.

Brian

This does seem the way of it they have reduced the TX power in order to
save some money. I think the equipment is OK and whilst the broadcaster
is wanting to move listeners to other mediums theres a diehard Irish
population especially in the North West of England oddly enough who can
still receive it on an ordinary transistor, possible valve! wireless and
they can get it in their cars.

It is receivable down here in mid Anglia and its nice to have a brief
listen from time to time to the land of my descent!, an all 'n all...

--
Tony Sayer