Posted to alt.home.repair
Lenona Lenona is offline

Default Heater boiler problem

On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 1:37:37 PM UTC-5, Bob F wrote:

Did you get it working?

Yes, thank you! I found my pliers - and they were definitely needed. I'd say the knob is between 1/4" and 1/2" thick. I still had to wait a while before I could light the pilot, but once I did, It wasn't long before my room was comfortable again. (I keep the thermostat at 60 F, typically, or even lower.)

Guess what else? The electric switch was on as well, when I went down the first time. Of course, as the directions say, it should be off when the pilot light is off. (I'll definitely be checking what things look like, before and after inspections, from now on!)

Lenona.