Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replace front tyres in pairs?

On 27/01/2021 21:20, bert wrote:
In article , "Brian Gaff (Sofa)"
writes
It depends how obvious it is I suppose, I'd say that when I was very
young
and my father was alive some vehicles did not like different aged
tyres on
the front inducing weird vibrations in the steering at certain speeds.
Brian

I had a weird experience with my Jeep Cherokee when I put 2 new tyres on
the front. It wouldn't drop out the diff lock. I had to drive slowly to
the dealer who then explained that the way out of it was to put one new
tyre on each axle - or buy 2 more new tyres.

its a well known issue with freelanders as well

new tyres have to go on either the front or the back - cant remember
which - or the viscous coupling burb out

Mark Twain