Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Replace front tyres in pairs?

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

I guess that depends on the wear of the tread area and whether the
different dynamic will affect handling. Surely by now somebody tested this
idea.

Trouble is that varys with the design of the front end.

With the original Golf, you could quite literally have
one wheel off the bitumen in the dirt, jam your foot
on the brakes as hard as you could, with no hands on the
steering wheel at all and it would pull up in a straight line.

Because the projection of the vertical
axle would hit the road inside the tyre.

"R D S" wrote in message
I've a puncture on a front tyre, it's not in the legal repair area so
will need changing.

I can't decide whether to do both. that's the advice isn't it (from tyre
sellers )

Or shall I take it somewhere shifty and have a tube put in?