Posted to uk.d-i-y
www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] is offline

Default Fitting carpet - DIY?

On 27/01/2021 16:46, R D S wrote:
On 27/01/2021 16:23, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
just used double
sided carpet tape stuck to the floor screed all around the perimeter of
the room and stuck it down. It's been fine for the last 3 or 4 years.
Carpet was a foam-backed off-cut, no underlay, underfloor heated.

No need for a knee kicker then? It's tight enough?

Being quite a small area there wasn't much carpet to stretch so me and
the lady of the house just pulled it tight as we went around the edge in
small-ish sections, pulling of a few feet of the tope side of the tape,
stretch, peel, stick and so on.

Couple of arm chairs and a TV unit and there's not much space left for
anything to move anywhere.

Big(ish) dog is know to go in the room from time to time and attempts to
adjust the carpet with her paws before curling up for a snooze and she's
not made any impact on things.

We did a number of bedrooms the same way in my parents house years ago.
They were fine too, only remembered when we came to empty the house and
pull up the carpets to be left with a 3" perimeter of backing foam stuck
to the floor boards.

Anything bigger or if using underlay I presume grip-strip and a
stretcher would be required though.