Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default OT: Newly Unemployed Keystone XL Pipeline Worker Drops a Reality Bomb...

On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 1:04:33 AM UTC-5, Bob F wrote:
On 1/26/2021 7:34 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/26/2021 9:41 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 01/26/2021 12:43 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
The circumstances for indigenous pipeline opponents along Montanas
Hi-Line are similar to those of the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe in its
2016 objection to the construction of Dakota Access Pipeline. In both
cases, the pipelines avoid tribal land, but intersect with the tribes
drinking water source. There are concerns about culturally important
sites and whether the tribes were adequately consulted. Treaty rights
pertaining to the Assiniboine and Sioux tribes cultural relationship
with the Missouri River, as well as a guarantee to Missouri River water
supporting the reservation are key concerns in a Fort Peck lawsuit
against the federal government.

The Fort Peck rez has 11,000 enrolled members. Time to play cowboys
and Indians.

Could be. I honestly don't know if the pipeline is a good idea or not
as I've not followed it much at all. Seems good for lawyers though.

If you want to encourage using the dirtiest oil source available, the
pipeline is great, in a trump kind of way. At least, if we refine it, we
get to figure out what to do with the unusable waste poisons.

That oil is going to be used with or without the USA. The only question is
if you want American jobs, revenue for America and a safe, secure source
of oil if the US someday needs it in an emergency. In the middle of an
economic crisis, Biden just stood with AOC and the crazies and against
American workers and business. People are losing their jobs right now as
a result. The Democrats answer is another govt handout.