Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive Page[_2_] Clive Page[_2_] is offline

Default Replace front tyres in pairs?

On 27/01/2021 11:34, Jimmy Stewart ... wrote:
On 27/01/2021 10:29, R D S wrote:
I've a puncture on a front tyre, it's not in the legal repair area so will need changing.

I can't decide whether to do both. that's the advice isn't it (from tyre sellers )

Or shall I take it somewhere shifty and have a tube put in?

going abroad some countries demand same make and style on same axle...

Has anyone ever had their tyres inspected that closely when going abroad? I've visited countries in winter like Germany and Austria where they require winter tyres but have never had mine inspected, so always wondered whether the extra cost and bother was really worth-while.

--
Clive Page