Andy Hall

Default Smallest water softeners?

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 15:10:34 -0000, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

Is anyone aware of a comparison table somewhere on the net that
would give dimensions across a range of these things?

I don't know, but I would love to see a comparison site with features and
prices. For some reason, water softeners are often sold by door to door
spivs, so it is very hard just to see the range of stuff available and to
compare features and prices.

I would love a dual cylinder metered ion exchange softener (or possibly a
single cylinder meter + timer microprocessor based that regenerates in the
morning if it thinks it will run out).

Unfortunately, the only one of the former I've found is from a (famous)
company that only sell door to door and require you buy expensive
proprietary salt rather than generic sacks from B&Q (or whereever is
cheapest).

The more recent Kinetico dual tank metered models required that for a
while, but they now accept pebble salt as well.

For salt, there are cheaper places than B&Q. I used to get mine
from Ruralcrafts at Winnersh before it closed to extend that f*cking
Sainsbury's that blocks all the traffic.

There are places that will deliver free if you buy 6 bags.

Most of the others aren't clear about their regeneration strategy
as the marketing ******** is written for people of sub 20 IQ who just want a
glossy brochure with tits on it.

With a bit of Googling, you can find vendors who basically put
together softeners with OEM parts and label them. It is then a case
of finding out which make and model of valve that they use and go to
that manufacturer's web site for the technical info. There are not
that many valve manufacturers.

You can find tits with Google as well if you like....

Christian.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl