Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Lets put mains on to the pins of a plug!

On 26/01/2021 05:12, Paul wrote:

The house I was born in, which followed an older code,
I could not electrically heat the house without blowing
fuses, so I'd be pretty cold. In this house, I'm comfortable,
and it's the usual temperature in here, at 8.8kW. I started
out at 9.6kW, but that was slightly too much. The thermostats
on the heater are not properly designed, so I'm just manually
balancing temp as weather outside dictates. For a home
built to R2000 standard, you wouldn't need nearly as much
electricity for emergency heat.

It will cost me roughly $32 in local currency, to heat the
house per day in this way. That's about 7X what the natural
gas to do the same job, would cost.

Â*Â* Paul

Ouch. £18.40p per day according to the FX pages
on BBC 'teletext'.

Does anyone install air-source heatpumps in Canada ?.
Would they even work ??

How much are you paying per kWH ?.