Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Wade[_2_] David Wade[_2_] is offline

Default UK TOLL charge??

On 26/01/2021 09:24, Chris Holmes wrote:

Hi All,

A couple of local organisations are arranging meetings via Teams / WebEx
which off er the option for invitees to dial in by phone.

One includes the text

€śTap to join from a mobile device (attendees only)

So it will be HTML formatted so you don#t need to copy and paste the
number on a mobile device, it will just dial

+44-20-7660-8149,,1752666438#67393877# United Kingdom Toll€ť

so in old money thats

020-7660-8149

The wording to my mind suggests that this would be a Premium Rate number.

No, "Toll" just means "charged for". In the USA it was/is common for
local numbers not to be charged for.

But it appears to start 020
Which doesnt €śsound€ť premium to my ears (but maybe Ive not been paying
attention).

It isn't

Does anyone know if this WILL be a premium number?

No normal geographic number. So on my landline it would be 25p +
15p/minute on my mobile I have unlimited calls to such numbers so no cost.

And if so, do WebEx / Teams have the same charging structure for all users
or does it vary according each organisations contract?

I think they are all the same.

Dave