Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default FM Transmitters...

On 26/01/2021 09:24, Chris Holmes wrote:

One for Brian???

I was wondering back when men were men and Libby Purves worked on the other
side of the mic, radio transmitters used valves.

Are there now solid state devices (big MOSFETs??) capable of producing the
necessary output power? Or are valves still used?

solid state up to a kilowatt or so. then add more modules. I don't think
valves used anywhere any more. Maybe up at magnetron frequencies

Lucas Bergkamp