Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UK TOLL charge??

On 26/01/2021 09:24, Chris Holmes wrote:

Hi All,

A couple of local organisations are arranging meetings via Teams / WebEx
which off er the option for invitees to dial in by phone.

One includes the text

€śTap to join from a mobile device (attendees only)
+44-20-7660-8149,,1752666438#67393877# United Kingdom Toll€ť

The wording to my mind suggests that this would be a Premium Rate number.
But it appears to start 020
Which doesnt €śsound€ť premium to my ears (but maybe Ive not been paying
attention).

Does anyone know if this WILL be a premium number?

No idea but apparently legit NHS organisations appear to use it:

https://www.kch.nhs.uk/news/public/news/view/31488

Their website says it is calls charged at local rates but then they
probably cannot imagine anyone outside London dialing in!

And if so, do WebEx / Teams have the same charging structure for all users
or does it vary according each organisations contract?

No idea.
Corporate IT/accounts takes care of paying for it here.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown