donald girod

Default dryer making high pitches noise

Probably not a loose belt. I would suspect the bearing in the idler pulley,
or the drum rollers. You could take it apart, remove the drum, and
lubricate or replace these parts. A belt, rollers, and idler is probably
available as a kit.

"Evan Mann" wrote in message
My old and trusted Kenmore dryer makes a high pitches squel as the drum
turns. It was purchased to match the Kenmore HD 80 series washer I have,

so
I'm guessing it's part of the same series.

I'm thinking it's a loose belt or something like this? It's been doing it
for a few months now, and it's not always consistant. Is my asumption
correct?