Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default Amazon wins against Parler.

On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 16:17:30 -0500, Tekkieİ wrote:

On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 17:22:12 -0600, Jim Joyce posted for all of us to digest...

I wouldn't like my posts to be shut down, no one would, but if it happened
to me, I hope I would use the opportunity to consider whether my speech was
too hateful, too violent, too inciteful, too racist, too whatever.

Judged by whose standards? The monolith with no rules or rules for certain
people?

Judged by the standards of the owners of the specific platform under
consideration, obviously.

Also, as others have pointed out, Amazon is a private company. As such,
they are free to set rules as they see fit. As an Amazon customer, Parler
was either unable or unwilling to police its messaging platform so it's
only right that they got the boot.

Yes, with special exemptions set up by Congress. Is this part of special carve
outs that Congress does? Why is it that they only block one side of an argument
but allow more aggressive, hateful speech by others? If you had a site say JJ
Truth which users would sign up and you moderated and someone comes in say Bub.
Bub says Ex lax is the best. The monolith does not like that so they shut you
down. Your thoughts?

I invite others to weigh in. I wasn't able to follow your "special
exemptions" argument.