Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Heating System Design for New House Builds

ARW wrote:

OK so this is a refurb and not a newbuild I am working on.

It is massively over specced but seems to give little consideration to
anything to do with assisting the boiler to modulate.

It also probably has the worst UFH setup I have ever seen - I had a
regular poster pop in and have a look at it so that he knows how not to
do it when he fits his own UFH.

It's going to end up with overheated rooms and cold rooms.

All fitted to the architects specs and drawings.

For UFH all the manufacturers will take a floor plan and return a
pipework plan that splits it up into different zones with one or more
loops per zone ... I doubt the architect does much more that cut and
paste that.

The design of that system would probably benefit from having more than
one manifold location to have run the loops from.