Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Odell[_2_] Nick Odell[_2_] is offline

Default Lets put mains on to the pins of a plug!

On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 13:53:05 +0000, Andrew
wrote:

Not to mention the people who have been killed by CO poisoning
or fallen off balconies because Spanish balconies are very low.

And you should see the typical arrangement for instant showers
in South America.

Andrew

On 25/01/2021 10:18, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Well anyone ever been appalled by the standard of wiring bodge ups in Spain
I have. Its a wonder most British tourists have not been electrocuted.
Brian

You'll be relieved to hear that it's becoming almost impossible to buy
one now - at least in the Southern Cone. After a few horror-stories of
my own with those things I rather fancied buying one to bring home but
couldn't find a new one for sale. My plan had been to fit one in my
own shower and with my dark sense of humour leave exposed wires
twisted together and position the knife switch directly under the
spray. Nothing would have actually been connected - the real hot water
would still have come from the combi boiler as usual.

Nick