Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Heater boiler problem

On 1/25/2021 5:35 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, January 24, 2021 at 6:08:48 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Things are getting weirder by the minute...

Thanks to you, I found what looks like a fifth switch, just two feet or so above the floor, on a horizontal pipe that runs directly in. It's tiny, old, metallic and dusty (not colored). It's also set perpendicular to the pipe. (All the other boilers have that tiny switch set parallel to the pipe.)

Trouble is, strong as I am, I can't budge it with my fingers. It's not even quite clear whether it's SUPPOSED to be movable, so I'm not going to risk breaking it.

Again, it's not a switch thing. The only thing needed for the pilot light to have gas going
out of it is a supply of gas, pushing the gas valve knob with it in the pilot lighting position
and a pilot light tube that is not clogged with a insect, debris, etc. It does not require
anything to do with electricity.

She uses the word "switch" for valves.