Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Modern [table] lamps rant

On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 02:37:13 -0800, fred wrote:

There may be lots of apparently similar designs available but the
quality can be poor and their ability to hold a set position
non-existent. This last point can be very frustrating. Also the spring
loaded joints tend to fail quickly. Anglepoise have held their market
share thanks to the quality. A lifetime job IME

I had a Luxo for 40 years, and it was secondhand when I 'acquired' it.

Have four Luxos now, all doing well.