Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Amazon wins against Parler.

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 12:58:33 -0600, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 07:25:29 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Saturday, January 23, 2021 at 6:22:18 PM UTC-5, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 16:10:19 -0500, Tekkie© wrote:

On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 20:04:34 -0600, Jim Joyce posted for all of us to digest...

Parler hasn't run out of legal options, but this is a very promising step.

Against free speech! Would you like all your posts shut down; no matter what
side you were on, blocked by the monolith?
I wouldn't like my posts to be shut down, no one would, but if it happened
to me, I hope I would use the opportunity to consider whether my speech was
too hateful, too violent, too inciteful, too racist, too whatever.

And as I understand it, Parler was given the opportunity to do that before they
were booted.

Also, as others have pointed out, Amazon is a private company. As such,
they are free to set rules as they see fit. As an Amazon customer, Parler
was either unable or unwilling to police its messaging platform so it's
only right that they got the boot.

And don't forget the crazy contradiction. At the same time these alleged
conservatives are complaining about these companies marking posts or
booting people and companies, Trump vetoed the defense spending bill
because he demanded that removing 230 protection be added to it.
That 230 protection means that internet companies can't be held liable
for whatever other people put on their websites. Obviously if you pull
that protection, there will be a big increase in more censorship.

Exactly right. Contradictions like that make a person wonder who was
running the show, if anyone.

That still might have been a strategic move if Trump is thinking about
starting a right wing cloud. He knew they were going to override his
veto and now he has the democrats on the side of the legislation that
will hold him harmless on his cloud.