View Single Post
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster

Default Heater boiler problem

There were several repairs done on the heating boilers (not water heaters) in this building, about two months ago. I had a new T&P (temperature and pressure relief valve?) installed, at their suggestion. (Cost: $294.)

So, now, when I decided to turn on the heat (I have a high tolerance for cold), I can't light the pilot at all. This has NEVER happened, in 20-plus years. In the past, I only had trouble, twice, getting the pilot light to STAY on. The first time, I just waited 12 hours or so before trying again, and the second time (a later year), a worker came out and fixed some wires.

THIS time, I didn't even hear the hiss of gas, when I depressed the pilot button.

More than one source says the problem is likely the thermocouple - too much dust, maybe. I've seen pictures of different kinds, so I will check. Any other theories?

The big question is, if dusting it doesn't help, can I get the same company I mentioned to fix the problem for free, since I suspect they caused it? What other proof would I need?

Thank you.

Lenona.