Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_3_] Dan Espen[_3_] is offline

Default "Z Flashing" A Bottom T1-11 Siding Edge ?

Design Studio writes:

T-111 is a massive problem due to the poor manufacturing process that leaves voids and also problems with ply glued properly.
T1 11 is going to soak in moisture eventually I would think having a corrugated rainscreen behind it would dry the back out.
Even painting the back may cause moisture to be trapped in the sheet.
If possible use Hardie lap siding with Plywood And corrugated Vapor Barrier underneath.

You guys on homeowners keep trying to set new records.
Congratulations.

You may or may not know this, but most of the posts on homeowners hub
are actually from Usenet.

On Usenet, we don't see old posts, only the most recent posts and replies.
The post you just replied to is 15 years old. Please check
the dates and if you feel you must reply, please include the
original post in your reply.

Better yet, get a Usenet account. You can do this for free.

--
Dan Espen