Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Modern [table] lamps rant

"Chris Green" wrote in message
Michael Chare wrote:
On 23/01/2021 17:26, Chris Green wrote:
Why is it that table and desk lamps are so badly designed nowadays, I
have several I have bought over the past couple of years and not one
of them is ideal. It's not as if getting it right would be difficult,
it's just total lack of thought about the design.

I bought a bedside lamp only a few years ago. All I have to do
to turn it on or off is to touch the metal shaft or base.

Yes, they're actually OK as long as they don't have multiple
brightness settings and such, I was referring rather more to desk type
lamps.

The Philips Hue ones allow you to set the brightness
and color temp to what you prefer just once and
switch it on an off with a kinetic switch which has
no wires or battery that you can put anywhere and
use effortlessly any time you choose to. And automate
completely if you prefer that approach too.