Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tricky Dicky[_4_] Tricky Dicky[_4_] is offline

Default condensation in potting shed

On Sunday, 24 January 2021 at 09:38:53 UTC, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Yes but it does tend to break down over a couple of years, and you also get
green slime in between it and the roof.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"David" wrote in message
On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 03:58:20 -0800, Joanna Pocock wrote:

how can I insulate my clear corrugated plastic roof as I have a LOT of
water droplets on the inside. I was thinking of putting polystyrene on
the inside of the roof would this work?

People certainly used to use bubble wrap as a kind of secondary double
glazing for greenhouses.

Cheap and easy to apply.

Cheers

Dave R

To prevent condensation collecting on the underside of the roof you need to prevent moisture getting there in the first place insulation alone will not help, moisture will get through cracks and joins. Whatever insulation you put up there will need a vapour barrier on the warm side, polythene sheet or if you use foam insulation like Celotex or Kingspan with the foil backings taping the joins will do. To stop moisture building up in the shed requires ventilation which if you have plants and soil in the shed will always be an issue unless you rig out your shed like the illegal Cannabis growers do.

Richard