Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Modern [table] lamps rant

Michael Chare wrote:
On 23/01/2021 17:26, Chris Green wrote:
Why is it that table and desk lamps are so badly designed nowadays, I
have several I have bought over the past couple of years and not one
of them is ideal. It's not as if getting it right would be difficult,
it's just total lack of thought about the design.

I bought a bedside lamp only a few years ago. All I have to do
to turn it on or off is to touch the metal shaft or base.

Yes, they're actually OK as long as they don't have multiple
brightness settings and such, I was referring rather more to desk type
lamps.

--
Chris Green
ยท