Posted to uk.d-i-y
F[_2_] F[_2_] is offline

Default Battery for electric car.

On 22/01/2021 21:04, Vir Campestris wrote:
In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
Just like the 15kW diversity in my house works (I haven't blown a main
fuse, ever) but if I added even an entry level 7.4kW EV wallbox I think
it probably would [blow the fuse]. I'm investigating getting it upgraded
to 100A as a result.

But surely that is pointless? As we've been told here the cables in your
street ain't built for it?

But surely the local suppliers will think of that, and not let him if
it's a problem?

You have to apply to the DNO for permission to install a 7kW charger.

Northern Powergrid sent out Freedom Network Services to check our
cut-out before they agreed to let us go ahead.

80A was installed and acceptable, 100A was more than required and they
were reluctant to upgrade to that.

--
Frank