I-zheet M'drurz

Default Storage Shed Anchoring?

Jeff Morris wrote:

(Snip)

I have constructed a foundation/floor for it by building an 8x12
frame out of 2x4 treated lumber (I made the foundation 2 feet
longer so I could stack my firewood on it as well), covered with
1/2" treated plywood. The shed is securely attached to this
foundation by a 2 1/2" screw at every mounting hole,

... My thinking is that the
weight of the shed, the foundation, the firewood pile, and the
shed's contents are now all contributing to holding it in place,

Yes, I realize I could just go ahead and add cable anchors as
well, "extra protection won't hurt", but I'd prefer not to spend
the money if they really aren't necessary. Yeah, they're only
about 30 bucks, but times are tight, and $30 is $30.

You should be fine. The weight of that wooden platofrm alone
should keep it from going airborn, even if it was empty. And
as you say, everything -in- the shed is now holding down the
platform. Save your $30.

Tom Pendergast e-mail is for sissies, say it on line