Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Battery for electric car.

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 10:23:20 on Fri, 22 Jan 2021,
The Natural Philosopher remarked:
On 22/01/2021 08:31, Roland Perry wrote:

And once again, not on simultaneously in every house in the street.

Bless! "The wind is always blowing somewhere"

That's another diversity issue, and as you say, one that's rather suspect.

However, given that the street wiring in much of the country is sized for
2kW per premises, and they don't burn out very often, we can conclude just
from that evidence, that substation-premises diversity does in fact work.

Its more likely that it isnt actually 2kw per premises.

Just like the 15kW diversity in my house works (I haven't blown a main
fuse, ever) but if I added even an entry level 7.4kW EV wallbox I think it
probably would [blow the fuse]. I'm investigating getting it upgraded to
100A as a result.