Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Laminate flooring on worktop

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
The point is from several folks experiences, some fluids can get down
the cracks, and let muck in, you don't want that on a kitchen work top,
I'd imagine, too many places for nasty germs to lurk. Brian

The top to be replaced is tiled. So I'd guess the same applies. Can't
really see any difference if the laminate is well glued together.

I did just this in my bathroom. Used the same engineered oak for flooring
and what I suppose you'd call a vanitory unit worktop, with inset basin.
Despite getting regularly wet, it has survived very well. Still with the
original finish (as has the floor) which is some sort of varnish.

--
*I believe five out of four people have trouble with fractions. *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.