Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default Raise the voting age!

On 21/01/2021 18:25, Rod Speed wrote:

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
news
In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Â* Fredxx wrote:
Perhaps some of voted so our children can purchase affordable houses
and
have respectable income. I suppose that could also be considered
borderline selfish.

We did once have a decent amount of social housing. The reasonable rents
for that set a base for other rented housing, and to some extent the
value
of housing in that sort of bracket for sale. Which would be what most
first time buyers bought.

I already had a house and didn't pay much attention at the time they
were sold off. Without knowing anything about the construction
funding, it seemed not unreasonable at the time.

Is something preventing any local authority building more?

Yep, lack of the money to do that.

A number of acts allow LAs to borrow money for investment. Most of that
money goes to commercial/industrial property.