Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Reid Supply

On 1/21/2021 9:09 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
A long time ago I might have purchased a few things from Reid Supply. I
am on their mailing list and SPAM list. On most things I price checked
they cost more than McMaster, so I kind of forgot about them until some
years back they were bought out by somebody and were going to do
business under a new name. I price checked a few items I buy regularly
from MSC or McMaster and I seem to recall they didn't have some, and
they were higher priced on some, and I forgot about them again.

Well Reid Supply is doing business under a Reid Supply again (its been a
year or two now) and they keep sending me SPAM. The latest ones have
been promoting FREE 3D CAD MODELS of many things. That's something
McMaster has been doing for many years. It seems like they are playing
catch up or throwing a wad of things at the wall to see if anything

sticks.

They never did anything to **** me off. They just didn't have a good
price or just didn't have things I needed in the past. As often happens
they just sort of fade out of my awareness until the next SPAM appears
in my inbox. So, I am sure there has to be somebody hear who trades
with them regularly, and I am sure there must be some product lines Reid
is either best price or best inventoried in. They must have some area
they are strong in. What is it?

Ugh! Their website does one thing I absolutely despise. If they don't
have what you are searching for it shows hundreds of items that aren't
what you are looking for.

"Do you have any tool steel?"

"Would you like to buy some frozen chickens?"

Fawwwk!

https://www.avg.com