Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Doe[_4_] John Doe[_4_] is offline

Default Micrometer time!

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Spehro Pefhany typed:
John Doe wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LJLV8AK

Was planning to buy one of their new calipers, but my 0.0 mm
resolution Mitutoyo still works fine.

I need to know the dimensions of a rod, to stop guessing whether it's
really 7.9 mm or actually 7.99 mm.

I would think such measuring devices jump to the next number when the
zero threshold is reached (going up) or crossed (going down). Will
see!

For just a few dollars (a small fraction of a stimulus check) mo

https://amzn.to/3iswLnc 0.001 mm / 50 microinch resolution.

One advantage to a non-digital micrometer - you can see if the rod is
almost 7.9mm or almost 8.0mm. (one of the reasons I like my dial
calipers.)

That depends on resolution, not whether it's analog or digital.

Of course, it helps if you can read an analog clock.

Also depends on resolution, given limited space for its display.

With a digital display, only one dial is required, can't do that with
analog.