Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Filling PVC cracks

On 18/01/2021 22:10, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 18/01/2021 19:02, Andy Burns wrote:
Jeff Layman wrote:

Anyone got any experience of using this sort of product to fill small
cracks in PVC doors?
http://www.repairingproducts.co.uk/product/cosmofen-rm-pvc-gap-filler/

Not that, but I have used this

https://www.platinum-supplies.com/everflex-165-small-gap-sealer-pvc-adhesive-plastic-everbuild-white-sealant.html

Thanks. That looks interesting. I had found this, but it's much more
expensive:
https://www.upvc-store.co.uk/products/white-stelmax-1961-gap-filler-sealant-pvc-resin-cartridge-tube-crack-bonding

In particular, has anyone used only part of the product and the rest
sometime later? There seem to be several mentions in reviews of having
to use it all at once.

I still have a part tube in the garage, but I expect it's gone off ...

I've yet to find a tube of /anything/ of that design which doesn't go
off after it's opened. :-(

You can slow it down by a combination of cling film first to protect the
foil and then aluminium foil tightly wrapped around the nozzle. Barrier
to moisture and oxygen which seem to be the most common initiators.

You may still need to replace the nozzle next time around though. The
bit at the tip exposed to moist air often has enough exposure to cure.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown