Peter A

Default Replacing shower with laundry sink

Speedy Jim wrote in :

The shower drain should be 2". You'll have to discover what material
the pipe is.

If there is ~1" of pipe sticking above floor, use a Fernco rubber
coupling to reduce to 1 1/2" *tubular* size (that's what the sink
drain will be).
If the pipe winds up being flush, chip out enough floor to get a
coupling on.
The shower should have a trap under floor, so none is required
on the sink.

Jim

Thanks for the advice! My job is easier than I thought: after I got the
shower surround and drain out, it finally dawned on me that the whole thing
was built up on a pedestal, about 8" or so. The drain was in the top of
this pedestal, and the pipe runs down and back to a horizontal run that's
all exposed. I don't have to use the existing drain at all, and I
shouldn't have trouble tying into that horizontal run. Thanks again,

Peter