Posted to uk.d-i-y
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Blanced flue gas fire

On 19/01/2021 12:23, John Rumm wrote:
On 18/01/2021 14:39, S Viemeister wrote:
Last year we had our garage converted to useful living space, and
because we wanted it done in our lifetime, we hired an electrician and
plumber recommended by our architect.
When it came time to install the extractor fans (one in the shower
room, one in the utility room), the electrician said that wasn't HIS
job, it was the plumber's. The plumber said, no way, it's for the
electrician toÂ* do.

I wonder what the electrician would have said if there was no plumber on
site?

I did ask why an electrical installation, not connected to either the
plumbing or the heating, needed a plumber to drill a hole in the wall..
Didn't get a sensible answer, though.

We finally got the mason to do it...and for any future work, we won't
be hiring that plumber and electrician. There were other issues, with
both of them.

Understandably!