Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike Coon[_2_] Mike Coon[_2_] is offline

Default Reviewing a cheap CRT degaussing wand

In article ,
says...

On 2021/01/17 2:02 p.m., wrote:
On Sunday, January 17, 2021 at 12:34:53 AM UTC-5, wrote:
whit3rd wrote:

I can envision some Einstein attaching a magnet to a drill with

cellophane tape, and watching in stunned horror as the magnet flies off
and smashes the glass top coffee table..

Or explodes the picture tube!

John :-#(#

I used to walk to school (in the 1950s) beside a canal in Bristol (UK).
There was a girder footbridge over this canal, and small kids had
somehow acquired duff CRTs and would carry them half across this bridge
in order to watch them smash into the water. Happy to say I never
actually saw a child burst one on the girders...