Posted to uk.d-i-y
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Blanced flue gas fire

On 18/01/2021 13:46, John Rumm wrote:
On 13/01/2021 19:19, charles wrote:

ISTR - from 50+ years ago - that tehre were various requirements about
distance from opening windows, doors, etc.Â* It may be that with smaller
houses they are becoming very difficult to fit and comply with the rules.
There might be a lot of paperwork, too.Â* And then there's cutting quite a
large hole in the wall.Â* not really a plumbing job.

As with most plumbing and wiring jobs, much of the work comes under a
general category of house bashing. So any plumber / gas fitter will be
well equipped for jobs involving cutting holes in walls.

You'd think so.
Last year we had our garage converted to useful living space, and
because we wanted it done in our lifetime, we hired an electrician and
plumber recommended by our architect.
When it came time to install the extractor fans (one in the shower room,
one in the utility room), the electrician said that wasn't HIS job, it
was the plumber's. The plumber said, no way, it's for the electrician to do.
We finally got the mason to do it...and for any future work, we won't be
hiring that plumber and electrician. There were other issues, with both
of them.