Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default Fishing.

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
Yup. Let's turn the UK into a sweatshop. For the sake of the economy.
If only this was made plain at the time of the referendum. There then
would have been far fewer turkeys voting for Xmas.

It became sweatshop UK when in the EU. You've been sheltered from the
labour market from being retired.

Err, we were in the EU for much of my working life.

The first thing that happened after
the vote was wages went up.

Tell that to my colleagues still working. They will be most surprised.
And how any market reacts to the result of a vote short term is neither
here nor there.

How many Eastern Europeans are in your line of work?

I suspect the main source of pay increase was from the drop in £; where
UK was no longer competitive in hiring East European who would go to
other EU countries.

If it wasn't for Covid with the exodus of Eastern European immigrant
workers and lack of workers as claimed by remainers, farm labourers etc,
wages could only go up.

And I'm sure you believed that nice Mr Trump too.

You are so wrong. What is it with remainers they think they know what I
believe?