Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Raise the voting age!

On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 17:05:58 +0000, nightjar
wrote:

snip

However, I have yet to hear one give an argument for
leaving that wasn't either based upon emotion or not backed up by any facts.

I really do think most you decided to vote leave did so within seconds
of being given the option, not because of the facts but because they
didn't like what they had ('all these foreigners taking our jobs and
houses') but without any real clue / understanding of the bigger
picture, what it might *actually* cost all off us, in all sorts of
ways by leaving.

Therefore, noting that came up after the opportunity to jump to a
decision affected their thoughts, they just wanted to leave *because*
and (as we have said all along), didn't really feel they needed to
explain why ... 'that's democracy' etc.

I would imagine few people who voted to remain did so because they
were so *convinced* that leaving would be best for 'most people' [1],
so voted to remain as a counter vote to leaving. Many of the rest of
us wouldn't be dragged into the folly of making such an important
decision based on so few facts and so much personal prejudices / bias
/ bigotry.

So those fishermen that were protesting at Westminster were Scottish,
and so they were likely to be even less happy that they were dragged
out of the EU, putting their jobs and livelihoods in jeopardy for no
(as yet presented or accepted), 'good reason'.

Cheers, T i m

[1] Or more likely, themselves and their closed minded attitudes.