Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Raise the voting age!

In article ,
nightjar wrote:
On 17/01/2021 13:02, Fredxx wrote:
On 17/01/2021 11:01, nightjar wrote:
On 17/01/2021 07:45, David P wrote:
Neuroscientists now claim that the human brain is not
fully developed until age 25-30. We should therefore
raise the voting age to that level. Military service is
different: obedience is valued over thoughtfulness.
With elections, the reverse, thoughtfulness rather than
obedience, should yield better outcomes.

It didn't with Brexit. Leaving seems to have been driven by emotion,
rather than thought.

Are those the thoughts of a remainer? How do you know how all leavers
think?

I don't claim to. However, I have yet to hear one give an argument for
leaving that wasn't either based upon emotion or not backed up by any facts.

From the very start I asked for concrete advantages of leaving that would
help me in some way. Or indeed others less fortunate.

All I ever heard was airy fairy 'bring back control' and 'sovereignty'
etc. And of course saving on the EU membership fees.

And I don't control this country. Or have sovereignty. If those we elected
always made the right decisions and the EU bad ones, that might wash. But
this simply isn't the case.

I then looked at the public face of the Leave campaign. Led by self
serving charlatans like Farage and BoJo. And at the right wing parts of
the meja which supported Leave. And it was obvious it was going to be a
disaster for the majority in this country.

--
*Money isn't everything, but it sure keeps the kids in touch *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.